Velatrin provides you with efficient temporary pain relief. The cream is effective for backache, as well as muscle pains and aches caused by inflammation and arthritis. It can also be used to soothe and treat sprains and bruises.
The cream includes a combination of ingredients that not only provides immediate pain relief, but also treats the cause of the problem. If used regularly, it will reduce the intensity of chronic arthritic pains as well as help cure inflammation.
Velatrin is made of two types of ingredients:
The active ingredients are menthol (10.0%) and methyl salicylate (15.0%). Both of them are counterirritants, which means that they relieve pain by irritating your skin. This effect forces your brain to “switch” from the ache to the immediate source of irritation. The ingredients make your skin switch from cool to hot in quick succession, so the effect itself isn’t unpleasant.
These are the ingredients that treat the underlying cause of the problem. Velatrin contains arnica, aloe vera, green tea extract, and vitamin B6. Each has some kind of anti-inflammatory or antibacterial effect and several of the ingredients reduce swelling. They get deep inside your skin, right to the source of the problem. Aloe and green tea facilitate the healing process, making your tendons, ligaments, and muscles knit themselves back together faster.
Effective for a variety of pains and aches, Velatrin grants you quick temporary relief due to a powerful combination of active and inactive ingredients. The cream not only has an analgesic effect, but also treats the cause of the problem. Active ingredients that provide immediate pain relief:
Methyl Salicylate 15.0%
This is a topical analgesic that makes your skin feel cool and then warm. This effect is called counter-irritation and it distracts you from the pain deeper in the muscles, tendons, or joints.
Menthol is another counterirritant that enhances the effect of methyl salicylate and facilitates immediate pain relief. The inactive ingredients of Velatrin are the ones that help treat the cause of the pain and prolong the pain-free period.
Used in medicine for hundreds of years, arnica helps reduce swelling. It relieves aches caused by arthritis, sprains, and inflammation. The chemicals in arnica act as antibiotics, which explains its numerous uses in alternative medicine.
Traditionally, we obtain vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) from food. Liver, cereals, legumes, and eggs are the best sources of this essential nutrient. This ingredient is used in topical creams due to its ability to soothe inflamed and itchy skin. This vitamin is also essential for the proper development and functioning of the nervous system.
Aloe Vera Gel.
Aloe gel is used in both alternative and traditional medicine. There is plenty of research that proves the positive effect of topical aloe treatments. It’s a popular remedy for skin conditions and used in creams because it speeds up the healing process, kills bacteria, and reduces inflammation.
Green Tea Extract.
The extract of green tea is included in a variety of remedies due to its extraordinary healing properties. When applied topically, it reduces inflammation
- Grants quick temporary pain relief for a variety of aches
- Reduces swelling
- Treats bruises and sprains
- Reduces inflammation
- Relieves arthritic pains and backache
- Provides temporary relief for muscle pain
Apply the cream to the affected area 3-4 times a day. Be careful not to touch your face, eyes, and mouth to prevent irritation. Wash your hands after application.
Consult a doctor if you plan to apply Velatrin to a child under 2 years of age.
When you use Velatrin, don’t cover the area with a bandage. If it’s necessary, don’t bandage the affected area too tightly.
- Make sure to keep the cream out of children’s reach at all times. Pregnant and breastfeeding women shouldn’t use the cream without consulting a physician first.
- Never apply Velatrin to damaged or irritated skin, or over an open wound. If the affected area becomes red after application or you develop other symptoms of irritation (rash or itchiness), consult a physician.
- Don’t use Velatrin with a heating pad.
- In case of ingestion, contact the Poison Control Center immediately.
- If you are prone to allergies, test the cream before using. To do this, apply a little bit of the cream on your elbow and study your skin’s reaction. The anesthetics used in the cream can cause a feeling of mild irritation at first, so keep an eye on the area of application for several hours.